Friday, October 6, 2017

Trip #2

I'm posting this a week late, and I know I promised pictures, but I went for a lovely lunch with my mom and never got around to it. I did, however, continue to maximize my value.

On this trip, our goal was to take a bowl to go to bring to my brother and his girlfriend, who just had a baby and were sick of hospital food.

When we first sat down, I asked the waiter if I had to stick to one topping since my pasta pass says I'm entitled to pasta, sauce, and a single topping. He said, "it's all covered, we just charge for the most expensive topping." Excellent, I thought, imagining steepling my fingers.

My mom got angel hair with meat sauce and meatballs, and I went with angel hair, marinara, and meatballs.

We also got a big ol' salad with onions on the side, which Ryan objected to the week before as if it was a HUGE problem. It worked out fine because we're normal people.

For the second round, I got rigatoni and five cheese marinara, skip the meatballs this round, please. My mom got the same thing and didn't touch it since it was going to be eaten by someone else. Me, I was just being a piiiiiiiiig.

For the third round, I asked for fettuccine, Alfredo sauce, and (gasp) a premium topping: grilled chicken..."followed shortly by a to-go box, please." The server was hip to my game and brought a to-go box out with the bowl of pasta. We then got another one for my mom's dish and were on our way.

My brother's girlfriend was starving and ate both. Then my brother arrived at the hospital with a Costco pizza, which they also ate. No judgment here, as I had just wolfed down several breadsticks, salad, and two generous portions of pasta and meatballs.

Running total: $30.06
Week 1: $14.78
Week 2: $10.99 + $4.29 = $15.28

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quick running total update

Sorry, work schedule changed...last three visits total: $44.34. Running total now: $103.96 - the pass has been paid for!!! Next week, I sh...