Friday, September 29, 2017

Hayward's finest ristorante

My apologies in advance for the lack of food pictures, we were having too much of a good time!

Anyhoo, I feel like I've let everyone down by not camping out at Olive Garden every day. I did the math, though (roughly), and I don't need to go that many times to come out ahead. First of all, they charge more money for the basic never-ending pasta bowl in these parts - $10.99 to start. Then if you want toppings, you're anywhere from $3.79 a topping (meatballs), to $5.99 (shrimp).

Today I met with Jessie, her baby Eli, and Ryan for a leisurely lunch. I didn't eat before, so I was able to maximize my value.





Since we're classy, we each ordered different wine samples. Ryan got something red, I got something pink, and Jessie got something sparkly.

We then moved on to the appetizer course, and devoured an entire plate of lasagna fritta (fried lasagna sitting on Alfredo sauce and topped with marinara). As I always say, "when you're here, you're pigs!" So we ate it all before we could even get a picture.

We got two giant bowls of salad, one with onions and one without.



Jessie had an all-you-can-eat soup, salad, and breadsticks, while Ryan and I went with the never-ending pasta bowls. Ryan had ziti and meat sauce, while I started with angel hair, marinara sauce, and meatballs. It was delicious.

For round two, Ryan was boring and got the same thing and I got corkscrew (I forgot the fancy Italian name) and five cheese marinara. Since I didn't eat breakfast in preparation for the feast, I was somehow able to finish the second bowl (I also limited myself to one breadstick). I asked the waitress if I could get a bowl to go, and she said no, "but I can bring you another bowl and a to-go box." Perfect! More corkscrew and five cheese marinara, please!!!


Anyhoo, now that I know what I can get away with, look out, Olive Garden! I now feel a bit more confident moving forward with my plan to head over before work to have a bowl of pasta and grabbing a to-go box for dinner later.

Next time I'll get more food pictures.

Running total: $10.99 + $3.79 =  $14.78

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quick running total update

Sorry, work schedule changed...last three visits total: $44.34. Running total now: $103.96 - the pass has been paid for!!! Next week, I sh...